Houdini 3 Oct 10 Release??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: Houdini 3 Oct 10 Release??

Post by Uri Blass »

Uri Blass wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
Jouni wrote:According to that test Stockfish 2.3.1 is stronger than Houdini 2.0c !!
That just demonstrates once again that self-play (i.e. playing related engines) overstates rating differences.
The new Houdini is plus 40 Elo at best when in falls in the arms of the testers who are living in the real world........

Note that I wrote at best....
Dr.D
My opinion is different
My guess is that
houdini3 is going to be at least 41 elo better than houdini2 in the ipon rating list.

I am going to wait to the ipon rating list before deciding if to buy houdini3 and we are going to see who is right.
Fair enough Uri :D
only early results of the ipon but the result so far suggest that I am right.

68-13 for houdini and performance of 3090 when houdini2 has only 3037 in the ipon rating list.
I predicted at least ipon rating of 3078(41 elo more than houdini2)
After 304 games

253.5 - 50.5 83.39% Perf=3104
After more games it is not clear if houdini is going to get at least 3078

463.0 - 110.0 80.80% Perf=3074

I guess that we will need to wait for many games to know if I was right or maybe Dr D was right.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Uri Blass wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lkaufman wrote:
Jouni wrote:According to that test Stockfish 2.3.1 is stronger than Houdini 2.0c !!
That just demonstrates once again that self-play (i.e. playing related engines) overstates rating differences.
The new Houdini is plus 40 Elo at best when in falls in the arms of the testers who are living in the real world........

Dr.D
My opinion is different
My guess is that
houdini3 is going to be at least 41 elo better than houdini2 in the ipon rating list.

I am going to wait to the ipon rating list before deciding if to buy houdini3 and we are going to see who is right.

68-13 for houdini and performance of 3090 when houdini2 has only 3037 in the ipon rating list.
After 304 games

I guess that we will need to wait for many games to know if I was right or maybe Dr D was right.
I predicted +40 Elo at best average in all the published rating lists and things are infact going in that direction.......
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:
Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
lkaufman wrote:

Dr.D
My opinion is different
My guess is that

After 304 games

I predicted +40 Elo at best average in all the published rating lists and things are infact going in that direction.......
Dr.D
I see in the ipon similiar results to the results in Houdini at 90+30 long time control

I remember that komodo5 scored exactly 40% in Robert houdart's test.
Looking at the ipon rating list I see even slightly more than 60% for houdini3 against Komodo5.

Houdini 3 STD - Komodo 5 (3012) 64.5 - 40.5 61.43% Perf=3092

The total performance that I see is 45 elo above Houdini2's rating and the only question is if the numbers in the middle of the test are numbers that I can trust.