Komodo 1392 64-bit 8CPU v Stockfish 280215 64-bit 8CPU Match

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

JJJ

Re: Match PGN link

Post by JJJ »

About Stockfish, I m not sure than the last DEV is better than Stockfish 6. I runned some short tournament with many dev stockfish, none did better than Stockfish 6.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

JJJ wrote:About Stockfish, I m not sure than the last DEV is better than Stockfish 6. I runned some short tournament with many dev stockfish, none did better than Stockfish 6.
Definitely some doubt about that, there is conflicting information about. I'd prefer the latest but let's see.
fenchel

Post by fenchel »

Modern Times wrote:
JJJ wrote:About Stockfish, I m not sure than the last DEV is better than Stockfish 6. I runned some short tournament with many dev stockfish, none did better than Stockfish 6.
Definitely some doubt about that, there is conflicting information about. I'd prefer the latest but let's see.
AFAIK there is various anecdotal evidence that things are good; the only conflicting report is Stefan Pohl's.

If you'd like to wait to be sure, then there is a tentative plan to run a regression test on fishtest soon-ish. Even if you mistrust fishtest, it would be useful for a version validated by fishtest to have further testing in a tournament....

Anyway, this is all I know, sorry it is not more concrete. Honestly a lot of nice patches have passed recently and I would expect performance to be very good especially in the 8+ core setting, in particular stronger than the version dating from before the c++11 merge.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Tom Casanovas didn't find improvement also in his own testing.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Thanks for the info. I'll use the latest one regardless.

A re-match with a newer Komodo will start in a few days.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Nice. Wich version is it this time ? Just curious :)