The TWO engines kept ,,secret'' for TCEC season 9

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

MikeB

Re: The TWO engines kept ,,secret'' for TCEC season 9

Post by MikeB »

Graham Banks wrote:
FriedmannC wrote:Which 2 of these engines do you think they have the biggest chance to enter the TCEC Season 9? Deep Fritz 15, Houdini 5, Gull, Equinox, Critter 2, Naum 5, Chiron 3, Thinker, Strelka, Rondo ( Zappa ), Cryptic, Synapse, Deep Sjeng, Bouquet, BlackMamba or other engines. Note that Shredder and Hiarcs were already announced to return into the competition. Best regards! 8-)
Out of the choices you've given, I'd go for Chiron and Naum.

Deep Fritz 15 could still be a native Chessbase engine. That coupled with the fact that Chessbase and Chessdom are direct competitors makes its participation seem unlikely.
F15 is a uci engine - runs in any uci interface and xBoard ( even for the Mac with wine). Good call by CB (+1). Also Chessbase is no longer calling it "Deep Fritz" - all top engine are deep so what's the point.

http://en.chessbase.com/post/come-and-g ... 5-released

Code: Select all

"Fritz 15 64 bit multiprocessor version
Today the new Fritz 15 has been released – you can order the Fritz 15 DVD in the ChessBase shop. Or the download version, which allows you to install and test the new Fritz immediately. But what about Deep Fritz 15? There is no such thing, because Fritz 15 is already a multiprocessor version! Theoretically, the Fritz 15 engine can use the computing power of up to 2048 cores simultaneously."
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

MikeB wrote:

Code: Select all

"Fritz 15 64 bit multiprocessor version
Today the new Fritz 15 has been released – you can order the Fritz 15 DVD in the ChessBase shop. Or the download version, which allows you to install and test the new Fritz immediately. But what about Deep Fritz 15? There is no such thing, because Fritz 15 is already a multiprocessor version! Theoretically, the Fritz 15 engine can use the computing power of up to 2048 cores simultaneously."
Note the use of the word "Theoretically". As the old saying goes:

"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not."
jdart

Post by jdart »

I agree Chiron is interesting and strong.

Fritz 15 is UCI as others have noted and I'd like to see it included. I would rather see that than one of the Ippo* derivatives such as Fire.

I do not know much about Cryptic, Black Mamba, Synapse.

--Jon
FriedmannC

Post by FriedmannC »

I still believe Houdini 5 is hiding, but not for a long time now... And Critter...