Version 0.23 beta released
* Fixed bugs: ponder is always on; missing some overall options; piece animation may cause crashing in some cases
Banksia GUI released
Moderator: Ras
-
phhnguyen
- Posts: 1543
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am
- Location: Australia
- Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham
Version 0.23 beta released
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
-
Jonathan003
- Posts: 247
- Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:23 pm
- Full name: Jonathan Cremers
I really like the idea of a tool to convert polyglot books to pgn. Polyglot-Tolerant https://chess.massimilianogoi.com/downl ... ttolerant/, has an option to convert a bin book to pgn. It is very fast but also very inaccurate. A lot of threefold repetitions are included, that where not in the original pgn files, (like knight and bishops getting back to there starting positions, rooks moving back and forward, ect). Also if I convert a merged book to pgn with Polyglot-Tolerant a lot of lines are missing in the pgn file.phhnguyen wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2020 4:23 pmIt is impossible since PGN books lost all information about sides, scores/weight... Just take a look into a PGN book, you may see each opening line is simply a list of moves without any extra information.Jonathan003 wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2020 3:47 pm If this is not possible, I would like to request some other way to achieve the same result. Say for example, I have two pgn books. 'Elo_2500_gg', (with all variations for white and for black); and 'Elo_2500_gg_mainlines', (with only the main lines for white and for black). Now I want to create a new pgn book, 'referense_white', to use as reference for my white repertoire. I want the book to include all lines for white from the book 'Elo_2500_gg_mainlines' and all lines for black from the book 'Elo_2500_gg'. I only want white reply’s from the book 'Elo_2500_gg' to be included in the book 'referense_white' if there is no white reply already included in the book 'Elo_2500_gg_mainlines', transpositions included.
A binary book such as Polyglot can provide more information such as weight for each move. That is much better for merging and converting to PGN/EDP books.Jonathan003 wrote: ↑Fri May 01, 2020 3:47 pm If there was an efficient way to convert bin books to pgn, I could already do this by using the book merging options of bin books. Maybe there is already some method to achieve this? With pgn-extract or maybe some others software.
I will add more tools/functions later (such as converting from Polyglot to PGN one).
Lucas Monge, the programmer of Lucas Chess, send me two converters to convert polyglot books to pgn. An accurate one and a fast one. The accurate one is very, very, very slow, and the fast one does not include al variation in the pgn file if trying to convert a merged book. I will send you a copy of the converters in a PM.
[/quote]
It is impossible since PGN books lost all information about sides, scores/weight... Just take a look into a PGN book, you may see each opening line is simply a list of moves without any extra information.
[/quote]
That is all I need, a list of moves. If I want to find the original games, I can do it as described in this post: http://talkchess.com/forum3/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=10
It gives probably problems with transpositions. In SCID you can load a pgn database as a tree and see the statics. You cannot see moves that transposes, (like the option in Chessbase for ctg trees), but if you make a move on the board that transposes, you can see the continuations, (unlike navigating an obk book in Chessmaster 9000).
-
MCDermont
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 am
- Location: Germany
- Full name: Robert Söhnlein
Re: Banksia GUI released
hi phhnguyenVersion 0.23 beta released
I would like to remind you of the casteling problem since it still exists.
Banksia GUI still deletes an existing casteling move from a polyglot bin book
after i use youre GUI to add game to opening books
Also existing bin books will be corrupted with youre GUI that shouldnt happen !!!
pls try to fix the problem .
If you need some help about this problem and youre able to use Teamviewer im willing to give you acces
to my machine and show you directly the problem maybe you understand than the problem better
Let us make an appointment.
Time isnt a problem for me just give me a date with a fixed time and we can go on the problem
Regards
Robert
-
Rom77
- Posts: 53
- Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:37 am
- Full name: Roman Zhukov
Re: Banksia GUI released
phhnguyen, hope I'm not too annoying. Banksia is now quite suitable for my tournaments, but there are some points that can be improved.
1. It seems that I have one more problem related to languages. The file "logengins.txt" is not created if the path to it contains Russian letters. At the same time, both other files - "tourgames.pgn" and "logresults.txt" are created and written normally when using any path. I did not check the "logengins.txt" file entry before, but now I decided to check it, and here is such a surprise. Of course, I can place this file in a directory whose path contains only Latin characters, but maybe there is a simple solution to the problem, which will not be difficult for you to implement?
As I understand it, "logengins.txt" is the only file out of three that is recorded during the game. Maybe this is the source of the problem? Unfortunately, this file is not recorded even after the end of the game. In addition, the path to all three files in JSON still looks strange: "path": C:/u0417/u0430/u0433/u0440/u0443/u0437/u043a/u0438/Chess/BanksiaGui/Tests/logengins.txt "
2. Awarding the victory in the game occurs for twice as many half-moves as specified in the settings. For example, I have set the victory award ("Resign by engine scores") when exceeding the "Score threshold" -800 cp for 6 ply "Two sides", but the game is awarded after 12 ply on both sides. It is right?
3. Windows => About => Auto check for newer versions
This position is restored after each restart of the GUI. But it should not be so. Otherwise, this option does not make sense.
4. When switching between game tabs in a tournament, the "Score graph" window is not immediately updated. First you have to go to the next tab/window "Engine log", then go back to the tab/window "Score graph", which only then will be updated.
5. The "Score indicator" next to the board is not too sensitive to small changes in the score. It moves noticeably only when the situation on the board is almost hopeless. This is not very convenient.
6. If during the tournament you often call up the "Show all plaing games" window, it will appear lower and lower each time. As a result, you need to constantly raise it up. It would be nice to somehow stabilize this window.
7. Maybe in the "logresults.txt" file it would be better to separate tournaments that go one after another? It is also useful to enter additional information about the tournament. For example, after "Tournamemt finished! Elapsed: 1:26:51" and the start of the next tournament, enter an empty line, and then something like this:
"Tournamemt started! Date 2020.05.01, 10:45:00, Time Control 8400 + 40."
1. It seems that I have one more problem related to languages. The file "logengins.txt" is not created if the path to it contains Russian letters. At the same time, both other files - "tourgames.pgn" and "logresults.txt" are created and written normally when using any path. I did not check the "logengins.txt" file entry before, but now I decided to check it, and here is such a surprise. Of course, I can place this file in a directory whose path contains only Latin characters, but maybe there is a simple solution to the problem, which will not be difficult for you to implement?
As I understand it, "logengins.txt" is the only file out of three that is recorded during the game. Maybe this is the source of the problem? Unfortunately, this file is not recorded even after the end of the game. In addition, the path to all three files in JSON still looks strange: "path": C:/u0417/u0430/u0433/u0440/u0443/u0437/u043a/u0438/Chess/BanksiaGui/Tests/logengins.txt "
2. Awarding the victory in the game occurs for twice as many half-moves as specified in the settings. For example, I have set the victory award ("Resign by engine scores") when exceeding the "Score threshold" -800 cp for 6 ply "Two sides", but the game is awarded after 12 ply on both sides. It is right?
3. Windows => About => Auto check for newer versions
This position is restored after each restart of the GUI. But it should not be so. Otherwise, this option does not make sense.
4. When switching between game tabs in a tournament, the "Score graph" window is not immediately updated. First you have to go to the next tab/window "Engine log", then go back to the tab/window "Score graph", which only then will be updated.
5. The "Score indicator" next to the board is not too sensitive to small changes in the score. It moves noticeably only when the situation on the board is almost hopeless. This is not very convenient.
6. If during the tournament you often call up the "Show all plaing games" window, it will appear lower and lower each time. As a result, you need to constantly raise it up. It would be nice to somehow stabilize this window.
7. Maybe in the "logresults.txt" file it would be better to separate tournaments that go one after another? It is also useful to enter additional information about the tournament. For example, after "Tournamemt finished! Elapsed: 1:26:51" and the start of the next tournament, enter an empty line, and then something like this:
"Tournamemt started! Date 2020.05.01, 10:45:00, Time Control 8400 + 40."
-
Graham Banks
- Posts: 46523
- Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:52 am
- Location: Auckland, NZ
Re: Banksia GUI released
Just found out we have a Banksia tree in our backyard. It has white flowers.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
-
silitho
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 10:44 am
- Location: Germany
- Full name: Silitho Danuur
Re: Banksia GUI released
Hi, I started working on a German language package.
The sources can be found here: https://github.com/silitho/BanksiaGUI-Translation
Any support is welcome.
The sources can be found here: https://github.com/silitho/BanksiaGUI-Translation
Any support is welcome.
-
Charly
- Posts: 1091
- Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:30 pm
- Location: Bretagne
Re: Banksia GUI released
Hi,silitho wrote: ↑Sun May 03, 2020 11:52 am Hi, I started working on a German language package.
The sources can be found here: https://github.com/silitho/BanksiaGUI-Translation
Any support is welcome.
I already made the french translation available in Banksia GUI.
I just saw in the github page that you're searching for "bsg_fr.ts"
Tell me in PM where I cand sent it to you.
Brittany from the sky :
https://youtu.be/nR9eU_tVbxE
https://youtu.be/nR9eU_tVbxE
-
silitho
- Posts: 10
- Joined: Fri May 01, 2020 10:44 am
- Location: Germany
- Full name: Silitho Danuur
-
MCDermont
- Posts: 29
- Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2020 9:26 am
- Location: Germany
- Full name: Robert Söhnlein
Re: Banksia GUI released
MCDermont wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2020 10:05 amhi phhnguyenVersion 0.23 beta released
I would like to remind you of the casteling problem since it still exists.
Banksia GUI still deletes an existing casteling move from a polyglot bin book
after i use youre GUI to add game to opening books
Also existing bin books will be corrupted with youre GUI that shouldnt happen !!!
pls try to fix the problem .
If you need some help about this problem and youre able to use Teamviewer im willing to give you acces
to my machine and show you directly the problem maybe you understand than the problem better
Let us make an appointment.
Time isnt a problem for me just give me a date with a fixed time and we can go on the problem
Regards
Robert
-
phhnguyen
- Posts: 1543
- Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:58 am
- Location: Australia
- Full name: Nguyen Hong Pham
Re: Banksia GUI released
Thanks a lot for your reminding and the offer for help. It is still on my TODO list and I will start soon. I will try to reproduce the problem first then may ask for your help later. Thanks againMCDermont wrote: ↑Sat May 02, 2020 10:05 amhi phhnguyenVersion 0.23 beta released
I would like to remind you of the casteling problem since it still exists.
Banksia GUI still deletes an existing casteling move from a polyglot bin book
after i use youre GUI to add game to opening books
Also existing bin books will be corrupted with youre GUI that shouldnt happen !!!
pls try to fix the problem .
If you need some help about this problem and youre able to use Teamviewer im willing to give you acces
to my machine and show you directly the problem maybe you understand than the problem better
Let us make an appointment.
Time isnt a problem for me just give me a date with a fixed time and we can go on the problem
Regards
Robert
https://banksiagui.com
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager
The most features chess GUI, based on opensource Banksia - the chess tournament manager