An idea for new Handicap games for dragon

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: An idea for new Handicap games for dragon

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:06 am
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:58 pm Uri is correct the more pieced you take the less you can blunder, he will never rate our latest games and will continue bringing the same old position back again as his argument, this guy is like Trump he will never admit to lose an argument. I will admit that each one of those 5 games that I played I replayed them some 6 times or 7 times until I figured out how to beat Komodo, and made several notes of how I blundered and corrected my blunders in the final games then I saved those games and finally posted those 5 games, but for these last games which clearly I have a great advantage I played them only once and beat Komodo fair and square. So for the record I did what some people would probably do to show their best game against Komodo if they would have agreed to pay $100 or even $50.00 per game. Now that you know why and how I played so precise the true is revealed, but I had a purpose and it was to show ways how people could have won by playing over and over again the same positions, but not this simple and easy position which I am clearly winning nor the Rook Odds when I gave it one of my pawn, Now that my purpose was shown and known to everybody here, lets continue the handicap experiment but with one correction at the moment that a person agrees to play a setup position he or she must accept it from probably 8 positions given at the moment and the game should be played on chess.com. If GM Nakamura is given the exact last four positions that he lost the 2nd day, he will at least draw them all :mrgreen:

[pgn][Event "Blitz:5'+1""]
[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "10"]
[White "Komodo 13.3 64-bit"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "rnbqkbnr/pppppp1p/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/3QKBNR w Kkq - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "63"]
[TimeControl "300+1"]

1. g3 Bg7 2. h3 Bxb2 3. c3 Ba3 4. Qb3 Bd6 5. c4 e5 6. Qa4 Qf6 7. Bg2 Bc5 8. e3
Ne7 9. Nf3 O-O 10. O-O d5 11. cxd5 Nxd5 12. Qc2 Bd6 13. Rd1 Nb4 14. Qb1 Bf5 15.
d3 N8c6 16. Nd2 Bxd3 17. Ne4 Bxe4 18. Bxe4 Rab8 19. Bxh7+ Kg7 20. Be4 Qe6 21.
a3 Na6 22. Bf5 Qh6 23. Qe4 Bxa3 24. Ra1 Be7 25. Kh1 Nc5 26. Qg2 Bd6 27. Rf1 Ne7
28. Bb1 Qe6 29. Kh2 e4 30. Rh1 Qf5 31. Kg1 Qf3 White resigns} 0-1[/pgn]
Thank you for explaining how you won games from Komodo by replaying games and correcting errors. But normally on four threads Komodo will vary by the third or fourth (nonbook) move; how did you get it to repeat long sequences? Did you just start new games from positions where you made a mistake?
Second question: What is the smallest handicap at which you have beaten Komodo on four threads running properly on a good GUI with no takebacks, on your first try at that handicap?
Third question: Were you playing normal or MCTS Komodo? I note that 2.h3 above looks like an MCTS move, it's hard to believe normal K would make that silly move at any handicap. MCTS doesn't play well much beyond rook handicap.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen
Full name: Jorge Picado

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:17 am
Chessqueen wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:58 pm Uri is correct the more pieced you take the less you can blunder, he will never rate our latest games and will continue bringing the same old position back again as his argument, this guy is like Trump he will never admit to lose an argument. I will admit that each one of those 5 games that I played I replayed them some 6 times or 7 times until I figured out how to beat Komodo, and made several notes of how I blundered and corrected my blunders in the final games then I saved those games and finally posted those 5 games, but for these last games which clearly I have a great advantage I played them only once and beat Komodo fair and square. So for the record I did what some people would probably do to show their best game against Komodo if they would have agreed to pay $100 or even $50.00 per game. Now that you know why and how I played so precise the true is revealed, but I had a purpose and it was to show ways how people could have won by playing over and over again the same positions, but not this simple and easy position which I am clearly winning nor the Rook Odds when I gave it one of my pawn, Now that my purpose was shown and known to everybody here, lets continue the handicap experiment but with one correction at the moment that a person agrees to play a setup position he or she must accept it from probably 8 positions given at the moment and the game should be played on chess.com. If GM Nakamura is given the exact last four positions that he lost the 2nd day, he will at least draw them all :mrgreen:

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "10"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "63"]
[TimeControl "300+1"]

Thank you for explaining how you won games from Komodo by replaying games and correcting errors. But normally on four threads Komodo will vary by the third or fourth (nonbook) move; how did you get it to repeat long sequences? Did you just start new games from positions where you made a mistake?

Exactly, I started the game from the positions where I Blundered and did this at least 6, 7 times and I remembered in one of the game that one that Joe Benjamin played I re-started the game 9 times.

Second question: What is the smallest handicap at which you have beaten Komodo on four threads running properly on a good GUI with no takebacks, on your first try at that handicap?

Using the shredder 8 GUI, It was with Komodo Rook a1 Odds and I took my b7 pawn, but only after I lost twice, the 3rd time I sent the position to my online trainer and he gave me a few tips of why I lost and how I should play with that type of handicap, in another word how should I really play such position and how to convert from the middlegame to the endgames once I force Komodo to trade certain pieces, which could have prevented me from turning it into an easy endgame. My online trainer does NOT want me to reveal his name, after he helped me by giving me tips when I was frustrated and sent him the positions for advice, but he is rated around 2415 from India

Third question: Were you playing normal or MCTS Komodo? I note that 2.h3 above looks like an MCTS move, it's hard to believe normal K would make that silly move at any handicap. MCTS doesn't play well much beyond rook handicap.
I was playing Komodo MCTS with contempt = 180
Who is 17 years old GM Gukesh 2nd at the Candidate in Toronto?
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... t-9281394/
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:53 am

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "10"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "63"]
[TimeControl "300+1"]

Exactly, I started the game from the positions where I Blundered and did this at least 6, 7 times and I remembered in one of the game that one that Joe Benjamin played I re-started the game 9 times.

Using the shredder 8 GUI, It was with Komodo Rook a1 Odds and I took my b7 pawn, but only after I lost twice, the 3rd time I sent the position to my online trainer and he gave me a few tips of why I lost and how I should play with that type of handicap, in another word how should I really play such position and how to convert from the middlegame to the endgames once I force Komodo to trade certain pieces, which could have prevented me from turning it into an easy endgame. My online trainer does NOT want me to reveal his name, after he helped me by giving me tips when I was frustrated and sent him the positions for advice, but he is rated around 2415 from India

Okay, it would be interesting to learn what is the smallest handicap at which you can win playing the whole game from the initial position, against your good computer on four threads on the Shredder gui. It's okay to play multiple games, but starting from a position other than the initial one invalidates the result; the engine is designed to vary from game to game to thwart memorized improvements when MP is used. I would expect you to win at two knights handicap, and to have reasonable chances at rook + move (White).
I'll share my own experience playing against the latest Komodo Dragon on a 10 core i9 using 19 threads, at 5' + 5", both regular and MCTS modes. I am gradually getting betterr at this with experience, not by repeating exact games but just by learning which openings work better and what to watch out for. For a while I was generally winning at knight plus move (meaning I play White with a Black knight off), but usually losing at pure knight odds (meaning I play Black with Nb1/g1 off, alternating). But I gradually started to score better at pure knight odds, and lately I have a plus score against both MCTS and normal Dragon this way. But I always lose at anything less than knight odds. The gap between Hikaru's two pawn handicaps and knight odds seems to be just enormous.
Komodo rules!
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

lkaufman wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 2:18 am
Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:53 am

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "10"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "63"]
[TimeControl "300+1"]

Okay, it would be interesting to learn what is the smallest handicap at which you can win playing the whole game from the initial position, against your good computer on four threads on the Shredder gui. It's okay to play multiple games, but starting from a position other than the initial one invalidates the result; the engine is designed to vary from game to game to thwart memorized improvements when MP is used. I would expect you to win at two knights handicap, and to have reasonable chances at rook + move (White).
I'll share my own experience playing against the latest Komodo Dragon on a 10 core i9 using 19 threads, at 5' + 5", both regular and MCTS modes. I am gradually getting betterr at this with experience, not by repeating exact games but just by learning which openings work better and what to watch out for. For a while I was generally winning at knight plus move (meaning I play White with a Black knight off), but usually losing at pure knight odds (meaning I play Black with Nb1/g1 off, alternating). But I gradually started to score better at pure knight odds, and lately I have a plus score against both MCTS and normal Dragon this way. But I always lose at anything less than knight odds. The gap between Hikaru's two pawn handicaps and knight odds seems to be just enormous.
I could try a Bishop plus a Knight Odds handicap Sunday when I return from my trip from Minnesota, using my computer on four threads on the Shredder gui, but other people here should also try beating Komodo with the Odds that they feel comfortable with.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Uri Blass wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 11:10 pm
mwyoung wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am
Uri Blass wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:13 pm hikaru did not win a single game in the last match.
The interesting question about error rate is what is the error rate in case the handicap is big enough for the human to win every game.

I do not know which tool to use to calculate the error rate but every human who know can test it by himself by choosing handicap that is big enough for him to win every game.
I do not know as I have tested every one I could find except this game. This is the exact position ChessQueen won. And a GM was only able to draw. And the GM also had a human error rate unlike ChessQueen.

Code: Select all

KomodoChess:   15  => Average=0.15
gmjoel:   29  => Average=0.29
[pgn][Event "Live Chess - Odds Chess"]
[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[Annotator "Komodo 9.01 64-bit"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "rn1qk1nr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/RNB1KBNR w KQkq - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

1. d4 {Dragon by Komodo Chess 64-bit:} Nf6 2. e3 Nc6 3. Nf3 {OK} O-O 4. a3 d6
5. Be2 {OK} e5 6. O-O {OK} exd4 7. exd4 Re8 8. Nc3 Qd7 9. Be3 Ne7 {OK} 10. Bd3
{OK} Ned5 11. Nxd5 {OK} Nxd5 12. Bd2 {OK} h6 13. c4 {OK} Nf6 {OK} 14. d5 Ne4
15. Be3 {OK} a5 16. Nd4 {OK} a4 {OK} 17. Rab1 Re7 18. Bc2 Rae8 19. h3 Nc5 20.
Bd2 {OK} Ne4 21. Bf4 Nc5 22. Bd2 Re2 {This clearly cannot be the right move,
but Benjamin could find no way to make progress. Benjamin cleverly nabs a pawn
in the resulting endgame, but progress from there is hard to come by.} 23. Bf5
{OK} Qxf5 24. Nxf5 Rxd2 {OK} 25. Ne3 {OK} Re4 26. Rfd1 Red4 {Mistake (1.0)} (
26... Rxd1+ $19) 27. Rbc1 {\"It drew with this idea of Rc1 and giving up the
b2-pawn. It was not obvious at all.\" - Benjamin. Mistake (1.0)} (27. Kf1 $17)
27... g6 28. Rxd2 {OK} Rxd2 29. Rc2 {Best} Rxc2 {OK} 30. Nxc2 Nd3 {OK} 31. Kf1
{Mistake (1.1)} (31. g3 $142) 31... Nxb2 32. Ne3 {Best} f5 33. g3 {Best} Nd3 {
OK} 34. Ke2 Nc5 35. Nd1 {OK} Kf7 {OK} 36. Ke3 {Mistake (0.8)} (36. Nc3 $17)
36... c6 37. dxc6 bxc6 38. Nc3 Ke6 {Mistake (1.2)} (38... g5 $19) 39. Ne2 $1
$15 {Strong} Kd7 {Inaccurate} 40. Nf4 {OK} g5 {OK} 41. Ne2 {[#] OK} Nb3 {
Mistake (1.2)} (41... h5 $1 $17) 42. Nc3 Nc5 {OK} 43. Ne2 {[#] Mistake (0.9)} (
43. f4 $15) 43... Nb3 {Mistake (1.2)} (43... h5 $1 $17) 44. Nc3 $11 {OK} Nc5 {
Game drawn by agreement. Strong: White=1 Best: White=3 OK: White=17, Black=10
Inaccurate: Black=1 Mistake: White=4, Black=4. Weighted Error Value: White=0.
15/Black=0.29 Centipawn loss: w=15/b=25} 1/2-1/2

[/pgn]
It is the same position but the opponent was not the same.
The GM played a stronger opponent as larry kaufman showed.

When you play weaker opponent it is easier not to lose your winning advantage and I expect your error rate to be lower.

I dislike claiming that somebody cheated if I am not sure about it.
Uri lets not get crazy. ChessQueen is also not a GM player. :lol:

And I do not like it either, but I also do not like Komodo being smeared by cheating and the claims being made.

And I do admire your defense. And this is why I took much time. And tested many handicap games.
As I want to be fair to your objections.

And what this shows is ChessQueen is weaking Komodo, and also misrepresenting how he won the games. And ChessQueen keeps digging a deeper hole. The more ChessQueen tries to explain the games. My advice to ChessQueen is to stop digging. :lol:

The games were not on the up and up. And that is clear by ChessQueen own words.

Words are like more moves on a chess board. The more moves and words you give. The more you exposes yourself.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

mwyoung wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 3:47 am
Uri Blass wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:13 pm hikaru did not win a single game in the last match.
The interesting question about error rate is what is the error rate in case the handicap is big enough for the human to win every game.

I do not know which tool to use to calculate the error rate but every human who know can test it by himself by choosing handicap that is big enough for him to win every game.
I do not know as I have tested every one I could find except this game. This is the exact position ChessQueen won. And a GM was only able to draw. And the GM also had a human error rate unlike ChessQueen.

[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

[/pgn]

When you play weaker opponent it is easier not to lose your winning advantage and I expect your error rate to be lower.

And I do not like it either, but I also do not like Komodo being smeared by cheating and the claims being made.

And I do admire your defense. And this is why I took much time. And tested many handicap games.

And what this shows is ChessQueen is weaking Komodo, and also misrepresenting how he won the games. And ChessQueen keeps digging a deeper hole. The more ChessQueen tries to explain the games. My advice to ChessQueen is to stop digging. :lol:

Words are like more moves on a chess board. The more moves and words you give. The more you exposes yourself.
I did it to prevent other from doing it so I kept the argument for as long as I could to see if other from this forum who probably was planning to do this could also comment, but any way i had time to to play this game and in the last18 moves or so the Shredder 8 gui kept resigning, but I continue to see how long it really took me to mate Komodo with a Knight plus Bishop Odds. Sorry I I still used the same computer and did not used four threads, I still do NOT have Komodo Dragon, but it will not make much difference under such huge handicap :roll:

[pgn][Event "Blitz:10'+5""]
[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "11"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[FEN "rnbqkbnr/pppppppp/8/8/8/8/PPPPPPPP/R1BQK1NR w KQkq - 0 1"]
[PlyCount "98"]

1. d4 Nf6 2. Nf3 d5 3. Ne5 Nbd7 4. O-O e6 5. Bf4 Nxe5 6. dxe5 Nd7 7. e4 dxe4 8.
Qh5 b6 9. Rfd1 Bb7 10. a4 Be7 11. h4 Bxh4 12. Rxd7 Bxf2+ 13. Kxf2 Qxd7 14. Be3
O-O 15. Rh1 h6 16. Bxh6 f6 17. Be3 fxe5+ 18. Kg3 Rf5 19. Qh7+ Kf7 20. Rh6 Rg8
21. Kh2 Kf8 22. Rh5 Qf7 23. Rh3 Bc6 24. a5 Be8 25. axb6 cxb6 26. Kg3 Rh5 27.
Rxh5 Qxh5 28. Qxe4 Qg6+ 29. Qxg6 Bxg6 30. c3 Ke7 31. Kh2 Kd6 32. Bc1 Rf8 33. b3
Rf2 34. Ba3+ Kc6 35. Kg1 Ra2 36. Be7 Be4 37. g4 Rg2+ 38. Kf1 Rxg4 39. Bb4 a5
40. Ba3 Rg3 41. Bb2 g5 42. b4 g4 43. b5+ Kc5 44. Ba3+ Kc4 45. Bd6 Rf3+ 46. Kg1
Kd3 47. Bxe5 Ke2 48. Bd4 Rh3 49. Bf6 Rh1# 0-1[/pgn]
Last edited by Chessqueen on Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
mwyoung

Post by mwyoung »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:30 am

[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

[/pgn]

I did it to prevent other from doing it so I kept the argument for as long as I could to see if other from this forum who probably was planning to do this could also comment, but any way i had time to to play this game and in the last18 moves or so the Shredder 8 gui kept resigning, but I continue to see how long it really took me to mate Komodo with a Knight plus Bishop Odds. Sorry I I still used the same computer and did not used four thread :roll:

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "11"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "98"]

We know ChessQueen, we all know.
"The worst thing that can happen to a forum is a running wild attacking moderator(HGM) who is not corrected by the community." - Ed Schröder
But my words like silent raindrops fell. And echoed in the wells of silence.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

mwyoung wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:36 am

[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

[/pgn]

I did it to prevent other from doing it so I kept the argument for as long as I could to see if other from this forum who probably was planning to do this could also comment, but any way i had time to to play this game and in the last18 moves or so the Shredder 8 gui kept resigning, but I continue to see how long it really took me to mate Komodo with a Knight plus Bishop Odds. Sorry I I still used the same computer and did not used four thread :roll:

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "11"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "98"]

Studying tactics is so important that if you are NOT careful you can easily fall into a trap, even on this game there were two times that Komodo tried to trick me, the first was with the innocent move 11.h4 that is why I would lose horribly playing in less than 3 minutes per game against Komodo with this same Bishop + Knight Odds position
[d]r2qk2r/pbpnbppp/1p2p3/4P2Q/P3pB1P/8/1PP2PP1/R2R2K1 b kq h3 0 11']
if a person play quick 11.h4 Bxh4 after 12.Rxd7 if you take the Rook with either
the Queen or the King you lose the exchange, but if you take with the King it would be the worse blunder since after R ad1+ you lose your Queen, and if you take with the Queen then QxB and Komodo win the exchange but I saw the best continuation and you should be able to see it too that the White King was sitting on g1 and Bishop could simply ignore the Rook which will NOT be able to take my Queen since on the next move 12....Bxf2+ save the tactical exchange in favor of Black, when I saw this I said to myself WOW how tricky this Komodo is thinking that I would fall for that simply tactical shot.

The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6!
[d]r4rk1/pbpq1pp1/1p2p2B/4P2Q/P3p3/8/1PP2KP1/7R b - - 0 16']
The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6! very tricky and you have to be very careful here how you respond or Komodo will mate you very fast but after 17.Qh3 I could also continue like this but it require too much time to calculate precisely 17.Qh3 f5 18. Bx8 Qd2+ 19.Kg1 Qd4+ 20.Kf1 Qd1+ 21.Kf2 Qxc2+ 22.Kg1 Qc1+ 23.Kh2 Qxb2 24.Ba3 Qxe5+ 25.Kg1 Qd4+ 26.Kf1 Ba6+ 27.Ke1 Qa1+ if 28.Kf2 e3+ or if 28.Kd2 then Rd8+ and Komodo will resign very soon.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:45 pm

[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

[/pgn]

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "11"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "98"]

Studying tactics is so important that if you are NOT careful you can easily fall into a trap, even on this game there were two times that Komodo tried to trick me, the first was with the innocent move 11.h4 that is why I would lose horribly playing in less than 3 minutes per game against Komodo with this same Bishop + Knight Odds position
if a person play quick 11.h4 Bxh4 after 12.Rxd7 if you take the Rook with either
the Queen or the King you lose the exchange, but if you take with the King it would be the worse blunder since after R ad1+ you lose your Queen, and if you take with the Queen then QxB and Komodo win the exchange but I saw the best continuation and you should be able to see it too that the White King was sitting on g1 and Bishop could simply ignore the Rook which will NOT be able to take my Queen since on the next move 12....Bxf2+ save the tactical exchange in favor of Black, when I saw this I said to myself WOW how tricky this Komodo is thinking that I would fall for that simply tactical shot.

Some of you are probably thinking how did he calculated all these moves, I really did NOT. Most tactical books tell you to at least calculate the best 3 to 5 best moves with the best outcome or response to those forced moves, and later on like on this case if all the moves that are forced and your instinct tell you that you should go for it as you continue after your limit of finding the very best 5 forced moves 16.Bxh6! g6 17.Qh3 f5 18. Bx8 Qd2+ 19.Kg1 Qd4+ 20.Kf1 Qd1+ more other five moves will be present for your brain to calculate and so on and so on. The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6!

The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6! g6 very tricky and you have to be very careful here how you respond or Komodo will mate you very fast but after 17.Qh3 I could also continue like this but it require too much time to calculate precisely 17.Qh3 f5 18. Bx8 Qd2+ 19.Kg1 Qd4+ 20.Kf1 Qd1+ 21.Kf2 Qxc2+ 22.Kg1 Qc1+ 23.Kh2 Qxb2 24.Ba3 Qxe5+ 25.Kg1 Qd4+ 26.Kf1 Ba6+ 27.Ke1 Qa1+ if 28.Kf2 e3+ or if 28.Kd2 then Rd8+ and Komodo will resign very soon.
Chessqueen

Post by Chessqueen »

Chessqueen wrote: Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:04 am
Chessqueen wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:45 pm

[Site "Chess.com"]
[Date "2016.03.23"]
[Round "?"]
[White "KomodoChess"]
[Black "gmjoel"]
[Result "1/2-1/2"]
[WhiteElo "3368"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "88"]
[EventDate "2016.??.??"]
[TimeControl "2700+30"]

[/pgn]

[Site "MyTown"]
[Date "2020.11.12"]
[Round "11"]
[Black "ChessQueen"]
[Result "0-1"]
[SetUp "1"]
[PlyCount "98"]

Some of you are probably thinking how did he calculated all these moves, I really did NOT. Most tactical books tell you to at least calculate the best 3 to 5 best moves with the best outcome or response to those forced moves, and later on like on this case if all the moves that are forced and your instinct tell you that you should go for it as you continue after your limit of finding the very best 5 forced moves 16.Bxh6! g6 17.Qh3 f5 18. Bx8 Qd2+ 19.Kg1 Qd4+ 20.Kf1 Qd1+ more other five moves will be present for your brain to calculate and so on and so on. The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6!

The other more serious tactical shot move came on move 16.Bxh6! g6 very tricky and you have to be very careful here how you respond or Komodo will mate you very fast but after 17.Qh3 I could also continue like this but it require too much time to calculate precisely 17.Qh3 f5 18. BxR Qd2+ 19.Kg1 Qd4+ 20.Kf1 Qd1+ 21.Kf2 Qxc2+ 22.Kg1 Qc1+ 23.Kh2 Qxb2 24.Ba3 Qxe5+ 25.Kg1 Qd4+ 26.Kf1 Ba6+ 27.Ke1 Qa1+ if 28.Kf2 e3+ or if 28.Kd2 then Rd8+ and Komodo will resign very soon.
I know lot of beginners spend hours and hours watching games of GM playing on Lichchess.org or Chess.com or even watching engines versus engines at TCEC. It is NOT really the most efficient way to improve your chess, of course you might become a little familiar with lot and lot of chess openings but at the beginner level it is NOT the most important face of Chess to memorize different chess Openings, since when the position becomes a little complicated you are NOT familiar with the most important part of chess which is how to avoid being tricked and for you to prevent simple errors and blunders you have to master tactics and at least become familiar with the most basics tactics if you really want to advance in chess once a beginner at least reach 1700 0r 1800 then it is time to master middlegames and endgames to reach the next level such as Silman's Complete Endgame Course from beginner to Master. But I see lot of Beginner in chess club talking abut spending hours and I mean hours watching engine vs engine playing on TCEC, and if you give them these basics tactical positions they will NOT know how to solve them and they get stuck in the lower ranking of chess for years below 1600 or 1700 at the most. They should start by solving lots and lots of tactic specially if they play hundreds of losing games on chess.com or lichchess.org so try to solve and learn these basics tactical positions