New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

smatovic
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by smatovic »

Ajedrecista wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 8:30 pm [...]
Thx, doubles noted, it might be an JavaScript going rouge.

--
Srdja
JManion
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:53 am

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by JManion »

great job with the new forum!
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 27866
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by hgm »

Sorry about this, my bad. There was a problem that fen tags in the first line of a posting were not appearing, so I extended the loop that processes those in the JavaScript to run from 0 to max instead of 1 to max. But I had forgotten to delete the unprocessed line outside the loop. I did not notice that, because I tested on a posting where the first line did contain a diagram.

It should be fixed now. (Perhasp you have to refresh your browser cache to see it.)
smatovic
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by smatovic »

hgm wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:21 pm Sorry about this, my bad. There was a problem that fen tags in the first line of a posting were not appearing, so I extended the loop that processes those in the JavaScript to run from 0 to max instead of 1 to max. But I had forgotten to delete the unprocessed line outside the loop. I did not notice that, because I tested on a posting where the first line did contain a diagram.

It should be fixed now. (Perhasp you have to refresh your browser cache to see it.)
Hehehe, shift+reload, and the doubles are gone :)

--
Srdja
User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1612
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by reflectionofpower »

Everything is working great for me to at the moment. Removed the old cookies. Good as new.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
smatovic
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by smatovic »

- polls + voting yet not working

--
Srdja
nionita
Posts: 176
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:47 pm
Location: Austria
Full name: Niculae Ionita

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by nionita »

Many thanks to all who contributed to keep the forum going. Is there an account in euro where we can donate?

The only problem I still have is with https - the certificate is invalid. If there is a plan for this, is good, but if not - there is Letsencrypt.

Regards,
Nicu
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 27866
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by hgm »

A valid certificate came with the VPS subscription. But we must still assign it to the domain.
smatovic
Posts: 2719
Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 pm
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by smatovic »

Maybe to summarize, known issues:

- no login possible: solveable by deleting old talkchess.com cookies in browser
- talkchess.com directs to old server: solveable by restarting browser and deleting DNS cache

- some new pms are lost (since 26.02.24 to 29.02.24)
- some profile data changes are lost (since 26.02.24 to 29.02.24)
- some new file attachments are lost (since 26.02.24 to 29.02.24)

On our TODO list:

- harden the Linux server
- SSL/https, install an officially signed certificate
- install "forum3" deeplink redirect
- emails from server yet not working
- forgot password not working
- polls/votes not working

We are working on this, step by step.

--
Srdja
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 7025
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by Rebel »

+10
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.