New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PK

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here...

Post by PK »

Links at chessprogramming Wiki are non-functional after the migration. They contain the word "forum" between talkchess name and viewtopic part of the URL. Removing the word "forum" proves that post id's are preserved. Do you need to change theese URLs for some technical reason?
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

PK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:49 am Links at chessprogramming Wiki are non-functional after the migration. They contain the word "forum" between talkchess name and viewtopic part of the URL. Removing the word "forum" proves that post id's are preserved. Do you need to change theese URLs for some technical reason?
I will install an redirect for those old links, to redirect "/forum3/$" links to "/$" .

--
Srdja
ernest

Post by ernest »

I now access the Forum with
index.php?sid=11f15bb33161c32d15ae1187d7a03112
Hey, why is the beginning http://www.talkchess.com/... missing in this display... ?

Is there something simpler I should try ?

Note : I do get some "Forbidden" when I access, but if I insist, I do get through... 8-)
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

ernest wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:53 am I now access the Forum with
index.php?sid=11f15bb33161c32d15ae1187d7a03112
Hey, why is the beginning http://www.talkchess.com/... missing in this display... ?

Is there something simpler I should try ?
Use just www.talkchess.com or talkchess.com to access the forum.

The sid is the session id, need to take a closer look into this, usually after log in it should disappear from URL and be stored in cookie.

The forum shortens links to display, but these are embedded fully.
ernest wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:53 am Note : I do get some "Forbidden" when I access, but if I insist, I do get through... 8-)
I did set up some restrictive DoS+crawler protection, if you request to many pages in 1-2 seconds, you get temp. blocked...did relax these now, will have to observe this further and fine tune.

--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

smatovic wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:57 am The sid is the session id, need to take a closer look into this, usually after log in it should disappear from URL and be stored in cookie.
With http access there will be a sid in URL, with https access there will be no sid in URL.

--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

- find a member in PMs not working

--
Srdja
smatovic

Re: New Forum Online - Post Issues Here

Post by smatovic »

fyi:

- fixed: forgot password not working
- fixed: emails from server yet not working

--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

towforce wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:01 am
Guenther wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:07 am I saw in another forum that a lot of people have trouble to login and I had too, until I googled the error message:

Code: Select all

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
The solution is simply to delete all previous talkchess cookies saved for your browser.

As you can see this worked for me and so I suppose it will work for all :)
I know those people can still read the site but not write thus I hope they will check this thread for the solution.

Guenther

Next problem is that instead of a given link it shows a huge pic of the linked site in my signature...

Thanks for all the work in server migration to HGM, Srdja, Ed and whoever is/was involved!

I suggest adding a notification about this to the front page (http://www.talkchess.com/) or the log in screen.
Thx for the suggestion, it seems this error message is also given with forgot password form:

changed error message from:

The submitted form was invalid. Try submitting again.
to:

The submitted form was invalid. Try deleting old cookies for this domain in your browser.
--
Srdja
smatovic

Post by smatovic »

PK wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:49 am Links at chessprogramming Wiki are non-functional after the migration. They contain the word "forum" between talkchess name and viewtopic part of the URL. Removing the word "forum" proves that post id's are preserved. Do you need to change theese URLs for some technical reason?
With thanks to Harm, the old CPW links to "talkchess.com/forum3/" and "talkchess.com/forum/"are working again.

--
Srdja
flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Re: New Forum - Known Issues

Post by flok »

Maybe make it possible to select a different layout.