Ban of member

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

chrisw

Ban of member

Post by chrisw »

Chessqueen has been permanently banned for the offence of spamming YouTube videos into his signature, an offence of which he has been previous made aware.
flok
Full name: Folkert van Heusden

Re: Ban of member

Post by flok »

That's kinda harsh.
Wasn't it easier to just disable his signature?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

flok wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 9:50 am That's kinda harsh.
Wasn't it easier to just disable his signature?
Perhaps a 7 day ban and give him a chance to show that he can comply after that?

I seem to get the impression that he relies a lot on this forum.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
jefk
Full name: Jef Kaan

Post by jefk »

tolerant, GB (and FvH) which i applaud in general); well he seemed to like the forum didn't he.
But he was gradually taking over(almost 'hijacking') the general-topics subforum and really didn't
bother (or at least was mentally unable to) 'listen'' to others; if i would be a moderator i would talk
it over with the other 'M' s and suggest to to suspend him only from the general topics forum (and
not the 'kindergarten''; although he probably wouldn't like that; well bad luck then).
Anyway i'm not a moderator and for the rest have no comment(s) (but i
suspect mr Guenther will be glad (with the moderators decision).
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

a great decision,
malicious trolls/spammers with the sole intent of annoying other people will never stop
no need to play devil's advocate here - a crystal clear case
smatovic
Full name: Srdja Matovic

Post by smatovic »

chrisw wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 12:03 pm
smatovic wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 8:05 am
jefk wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:31 am well Srdja i've simply put mr CQ on my ignore ('foe') list, but his name (and quotes of his silly messages) still pop up
(also notified a moderator but didn't get a reaction; that they grant some freedom of expression is understandable
but his impulsive messages with posting misleading youtube clips for me became rather annoying).
[...]
Hmm, CQ got banned (cos of signature misuse) and if YT embed is the issue, the mods can deactivate that module in phpBB backend:

Youtube links
viewtopic.php?t=83925

Ban of member
viewtopic.php?t=83939

--
Srdja
We already did a youtube signature disable (back in April?) because he was spamming youtube vids into his sig back then. I'm assuming he must have found a way round the disable and then inserted a current political propaganda video, via sig, into the yesterday post. He knows it's not allowed and I, for one, do not intend to play a moderation war with him of escalating measure/countermeasure. Hence the ban.
I won't argue on this, and abide to the moderators decision.

--
Srdja
Viz
Full name: Michael Chaly

Post by Viz »

You literally should be mental to defend this kind of a useless spammer chessquack was.
towforce

Post by towforce »

He was on my ignore list because he said too many things that just weren't right.

He recently told us that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, which is a progressive memory disorder. Other people I have known with progressive memory disorders also said things that, to use my own expression, "just weren't right", so this fits.

So it is likely that when he did something that the moderation team had told him not to do, it was due to not remembering having been told to not do it.
The simple reveals itself after the complex has been exhausted.
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

towforce wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 1:38 pm He was on my ignore list because he said too many things that just weren't right.

He recently told us that he has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's, which is a progressive memory disorder. Other people I have known with progressive memory disorders also said things that, to use my own expression, "just weren't right", so this fits.

So it is likely that when he did something that the moderation team had told him not to do, it was due to not remembering having been told to not do it.
I will say that this is very sad if it is the case, and is not a perspective that I had considered.
Friendly reminder that stealing is a crime, is wrong, and makes you a thief.
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
Viren
Full name: Viren P

Post by Viren »

Oh no not the poor innocent chessqueen with Alzheimers!

Seems there a lot more than chessqueen with memory loss here, since they easily forget his malicious antics, such as fabricating pgns (manually editing them with intent) to create a narrative of legitimate engines being exact clones of Stockfish.