LICHESS.ORG ONLINE BOTS GAMES

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: LICHESS.ORG ONLINE BOTS GAMES

Post by AlexChess »

supernova wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 pm Alex, why instead of using a high rated engine, you started your own engine from scratch or even taking one low rated engine and improve it??

You have declared that you are a skilled, certified and experienced C Developer, why not using it in a challenging project and show people you are a competent Chess Developer??

There are so many rating lists here that I do not think that adding a server list from an intense and cloned engine is interesting for people. Even because there is no traceability of the modifications you might have performed on the cloned engine.

What is the point of the bloodiness? I am not disrupting whatsoever you do but I try to understand the added value.

Regards.
Sorry, I'm not interested to your opinion and you are since now on my ignore list.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
supernova
Full name: Arthur Matheus

Post by supernova »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:38 pm
supernova wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 pm Alex, why instead of using a high rated engine, you started your own engine from scratch or even taking one low rated engine and improve it??

You have declared that you are a skilled, certified and experienced C Developer, why not using it in a challenging project and show people you are a competent Chess Developer??

There are so many rating lists here that I do not think that adding a server list from an intense and cloned engine is interesting for people. Even because there is no traceability of the modifications you might have performed on the cloned engine.

What is the point of the bloodiness? I am not disrupting whatsoever you do but I try to understand the added value.

Regards.
Sorry, I'm not interested to your opinion and you are since now on my ignore list.
It is also Ok too. I do understand your approach; probably other people came to propose the same ideas where to spend your time and cpu, and also got ignored. Thanks.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Right now I'm only testing the original source of Rubichess, to plan what I could change. On more games it uses all the time available, also on 25 minutes TC. On sudden death matches that is bad... Most games lost only by time.

I will try to fix that on my derivative.

Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

ProteusSF-Aureo 240405 Core2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (130 kN/s) vs Rubichess 240112 8 CPUs (7.3 MN/s) Result: +4 / 22

Watch the live!

Armageddon Handicap Test (1/75 of Rubichess computing power) Classical 25+1 games completed.

Now I switch to Ethereal 14.32 github tests.

I expect a better performance by ProteusSF-Aurora 240405 since Ethereal strenght without NNUE is extimated 2500 Lichess.org ELO :)

Many thanks to No-Stockfish-Bots to accomplish to my requests, letting me to choose the opponents.

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

ProteusSF-Aureo 240405 Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz (130 kN/s) vs Ethereal 14.32 gitbub

8 CPUs
(5.1 MN/s) Classical 25+1 match 8moves_V3.pgn Official Stockfish book - 6 Man Syzygy TB

WATCH THE LIVE!

Trolls, spammers and haters, respect moderators (I report you everytime, use your link on signature instead)

op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

AlexChess wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm I really don't understand why developers discriminate modders. We could be useful instead to fine tuning their work.
I agree you "could be useful to fine tuning their work". For example, do a tweak then test at STC, LTC & VLTC using a statistically a sound method; e.g. CuteChess SPRT. If your results were positive developers would welcome your ideas with open arms.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

op12no2 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:53 am
AlexChess wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:40 pm I really don't understand why developers discriminate modders. We could be useful instead to fine tuning their work.
I agree you "could be useful to fine tuning their work". For example, do a tweak then test at STC, LTC & VLTC using a statistically a sound method; e.g. CuteChess SPRT. If your results were positive developers would welcome your ideas with open arms.
THANKS, I will follow your suggestion!
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

This thread continues to be in the wrong sub-forum
Friendly reminder that stealing is a crime, is wrong, and makes you a thief.
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

I like Ethereal 14.32 github ! Despite the fact that it hasn't NNUE, it is very strong and solid. We must obviously consider that this engine is running 50 times faster than Proteus-Godot on my old 2008 Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz, but until now I have won only 3 games against it.

I think it will be very interesting to mod this very good code and I will learn a lot from it, even if classical evaluation is deprecated! :)

WATCH THE LIVE!

This is one of ProteusSF-Godot's won games, with white:

Note: If you watch the Lichess.org games history, Ethereal has won 1 game and lost one by time, but it was due to lost connections in draw positions.

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

After 36 long time games 25+1, even if Ethereal 14.32 performance is a little worse compared to the beginning of the test, +11 / 36 matches what I was expecting and I still think that is very interesting to study it to learn all the modern chess coding techniques. Probably it is the best open source engine without NNUE, so for didactical purposes and historic archives about the no NNUE era is perfet. I will now compare it with Etherlito (first Grant's trial about NNUE) to verify if, after 2 years of development, classical evaluation has reached the level of the rudimental 2021 NNUE boosted engines.

WATCH THE LIVE!

ALL THE GAMES ON PGN

Note: I have assigned 1/2-1/2 to 3 draw games lost for internet disconnection on both sides.