Patch proposal for Toga

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

pgeorges

Patch proposal for Toga

Post by pgeorges »

Hi,

I modified slightly Toga 1.2.1a in order to make it more UCI compliant (that is understand the "go nodes" command) and I sent an email to
togaII@gmx.de but got no reply.
If anybody knows how to contact Toga's authors, the changes I made are available in the bundled Toga engine in Scid sources available at
http://prolinux.free.fr/scid/download/

Those changes are minor, but avoid to lock (ie analyse forever when a quick response is expected) Toga when sending such command.
Dann Corbit

Re: Patch proposal for Toga

Post by Dann Corbit »

Toga is GPL. You do not need anyone's permission to create a fixed version.
nas

Post by nas »

Dann Corbit wrote:Toga is GPL. You do not need anyone's permission to create a fixed version.
Yes, but it's considered polite to contribute changes back into the main development branch rather than forking.
pgeorges

Post by pgeorges »

My request is "how to get in touch with Toga's authors to make a contribution, even if very small". I have of course no intention to make a fork, but as I use Toga with Scid, I need a fixed version, and it is easier for me if changes are commited in main line.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Pascal,

I have emailed Thomas directly with this link - however he could be on holiday for Easter?

Shaun