Collector?s Corner: KUMA II

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jose

Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Jose »

Hi,

this is the best auction i saw on ebay :shock: :D
If you do not know the KUMA II Modul from Mephisto - please look the second picture 8-)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :middle:de

Just nice to see Regards José
User avatar
mclane
Posts: 18776
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:40 pm
Location: US of Europe, germany
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by mclane »

unbelievable. KUMA II :-)
Robert Weck
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Robert Weck »

Jose wrote:Hi,

this is the best auction i saw on ebay :shock: :D
If you do not know the KUMA II Modul from Mephisto - please look the second picture 8-)
GREAT!! :lol: :lol:


Robert
JonP01

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by JonP01 »

Ok, I'll bite. Please tell me all about the Kuma II module. I have never heard of it.

In the dark Regards

Jonathan
Robert Weck
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Robert Weck »

JonP01 wrote:Ok, I'll bite. Please tell me all about the Kuma II module. I have never heard of it.
Did you check the pictures? Then you could see, that the upper parts of the first two letters were cut off and it should read as "Roma II"...


Robert
JonP01

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by JonP01 »

Ah. OK :oops: It did look for all the world like it really did read Kuma II in the second picture.

I need a decent monitor regards

Jonathan
Steve B

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Steve B »

Jose wrote:Hi,

this is the best auction i saw on ebay :shock: :D
If you do not know the KUMA II Modul from Mephisto - please look the second picture 8-)

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :middle:de

Just nice to see Regards José
hi Jose
yes..the exotic and very rare Kuma II module
found only in the wilds of Sub-Sahara Africa
captured alive and finally offered on Ebay!

:wink: Regards
Steve
Jose

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Jose »

He removed the auction and start a new one :wink:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Schachcomputer-Mephi ... dZViewItem

It is better - but not best :D :D

Glasses Regards José
JonP01

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by JonP01 »

Ah yes. The Ruma II. Well I don't have to ask about that one. I know it well. It was an extemely rare Mephisto module dseigned to compete in a little known but extremely strong computer chess tournament held at Ruma in Vojvonida, Serbia. Apparently the Ruma I had some evaluation bugs that cropped up in certain endgame positions and was not released to market.

I imagine that not even Steve has this little beauty.

In the know Regards

Jonathan
Robert Weck
Posts: 519
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:19 am

Re: Collector´s Corner: KUMA II

Post by Robert Weck »

JonP01 wrote:Ah yes. The Ruma II. Well I don't have to ask about that one. I know it well. It was an extemely rare Mephisto module dseigned to compete in a little known but extremely strong computer chess tournament held at Ruma in Vojvonida, Serbia. Apparently the Ruma I had some evaluation bugs that cropped up in certain endgame positions and was not released to market.
And there was another one from the same programmer, the rather unknown "Koma II" module!

It is said, that all opponents were falling asleep, when playing against it, because of its boring playing style! :lol:


this should cost megabucks regards,
Robert