Rebel 12 Dos

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bigo

Rebel 12 Dos

Post by bigo »

Is there a way to Crack this program , it will start up but then it ask for either rebel 4 Gandalf or Rebel 11. Since this program is free there should be no ethical concerns.
James Constance

Re: Rebel 12 Dos

Post by James Constance »

Hallo O.Hall! :D

If you mean Rebel XP, which asks for a CD check, you need to create a file called Register.bin as I recall. I don't think it matters what's in the file. So you could create it with notepad for instance, and change the txt extension to bin. Then it will work ok 8-)
bigo

Post by bigo »

does this file go into windows or rebel or does it matter?
James Constance

Try the main rebel directory.
Eelco de Groot
Full name:   

Post by Eelco de Groot »

I'm not sure exactly which version of Rebel DOS you have but register.bin should be in the same folder with Rebel.exe. There were a few versions of Rebel DOS that I think were not copyprotected but you would have to ask Ed if he wants to put up a link, I could not find any link on Ed's hompepage. I think the last DOS version was 12.02. It does have a Register.bin but it is empty. I could e-mail it, but I would rather if you would ask Ed about it first. Of course all the copyrights are with Ed Schröder and it is not right to remove any copyprotection of his software unless you have permission from the author, and neither is asking for ways to "Crack" a program, in my opinion.

Eelco
James Constance

Rebel 12 was freely available, and just about all the other versions are available on Ed's site for free: it seems that he forgot to remove the CD protection from rebel XP.