Sharpie (new engine) Releasing on June 18

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

David Dahlem

Sharpie (new engine) Releasing on June 18

Post by David Dahlem »

Look

Re: Sharpie (new engine) Releasing on June 18

Post by Look »

This seems curious, I want to see how it plays different from other engines.
Nimzovik

Post by Nimzovik »

Indeed..... Just how much different could it play? Most engines nowadays find the correct moves..... No stellar difference is anticipated by me.
Look

Post by Look »

Indeed..... Just how much different could it play? Most engines nowadays find the correct moves..... No stellar difference is anticipated by me.
Search could be traditional as otherwise it can not be this strong IMO. Nevertheless they seem to have tried some novel ideas. But there could be different styles of play while being strong also, this is my opinion anyway.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Look wrote:
Search could be traditional as otherwise it can not be this strong IMO. Nevertheless they seem to have tried some novel ideas. But there could be different styles of play while being strong also, this is my opinion anyway.
I understand it this way if it's true....we'll see....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
David Dahlem

Post by David Dahlem »

I know Sharpie is not released yet, but i made a logo anyway. :)
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Sounds like something that was tried to some extent with Prodeo where you could assign different personalities at different ply's
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Ralph Stoesser

Post by Ralph Stoesser »

Sounds like the new engine of the century.
Look

Post by Look »

I understand it this way if it's true....we'll see....
Dr.D
In my case, I have practical limitations, time and hardware to name a few.