ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Discussion of chess software programming and technical issues.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

RubiChess
Posts: 608
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:20 am
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by RubiChess »

hgm wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:35 pm Well, I don't see much friendliness here.
Join Discord. The friendly people are there.
User avatar
AlexChess
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:06 am
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by AlexChess »

Graham Banks wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:06 am Ginkgo Valencia = Fritz 19
The 2023 IGCA WCCC Fritz 19 then is only #29 :oops:
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 27896
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by hgm »

RubiChess wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:00 pm
hgm wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:35 pm Well, I don't see much friendliness here.
Join Discord. The friendly people are there.
No thanks. I don't like chats.
Viz
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:24 am
Full name: Michael Chaly

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by Viz »

hgm wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:35 pm Well, I don't see much friendliness here.
No one will be friendly towards stupid claims that are outdated by couple decades being recycled over and over.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 7032
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm
Full name: Ed Schröder

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by Rebel »

Now that the world title will become vacant I wonder who will claim it, or maybe the ICGA will sell it to the highest bidder.
90% of coding is debugging, the other 10% is writing bugs.
User avatar
AlexChess
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:06 am
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by AlexChess »

Rebel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am Now that the world title will become vacant I wonder who will claim it, or maybe the ICGA will sell it to the highest bidder.
A perfect opportunity to make new rules for a World Computer Chess Championship with more turns and partecipants, includining instead of excluding engines. Online would be very simple and less expensive to organize... Allowing even to the connected chessboards from DGT, Millennium and other manifacturers to join. Main rule: same NPS for every candidate, to be fair.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
User avatar
hgm
Posts: 27896
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:06 am
Location: Amsterdam
Full name: H G Muller

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by hgm »

One problem with on-line is that it is hard to prevent cheating. How would you solve that?
User avatar
AlexChess
Posts: 1534
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:06 am
Full name: Alex Morales

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by AlexChess »

hgm wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:10 pm One problem with on-line is that it is hard to prevent cheating. How would you solve that?
For speed NPS leveling no problem and every engine could be certified using NFT (Non Fungible Token) by the authors. Lichess.org is open source. A WCCC tournament management system could be based on it.

Ehm... or TCEC itself could be useful.
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
chrisw
Posts: 4346
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by chrisw »

Rebel wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:56 am Now that the world title will become vacant I wonder who will claim it, or maybe the ICGA will sell it to the highest bidder.
in what sense is "World Computer Chess Champion 2025" a piece of property to be bought and sold? Why would any one person/org have exclusive rights to its use?
Modern Times
Posts: 3560
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:02 pm

Re: ICGA WCCC and WCSC in Santiago de Compostela

Post by Modern Times »

chrisw wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:05 pm Why would any one person/org have exclusive rights to its use?
They don't. Anyone else can make their own World Championship, e.g. the TCEC Chess World Championship, CCC Chess World Championship, etc etc