How to use newly added engine in Banksia GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

royb

How to use newly added engine in Banksia GUI

Post by royb »

There is a huge thread on this forum about Banksia GUI, however I cannot find the answer to my question, so I'm asking in a new thread. I apologize in advance if this info is in that thread and I just could not find it.

I've added a new engine to the GUI. However, when I click on Analysis on the fly, it uses Stockfish 15 and I want to use Stockfish 16.1 (which I just added). How do you force the app to use a different engine for analysis? The engine info window that displays when analysing shows Stockfish 15 in a menu at the top of that window, but I cannot click on it to load another engine (it is greyed out).

Thanks for the help!
fsanders
Full name: Frank Sanders

Re: How to use newly added engine in Banksia GUI

Post by fsanders »

If you click in the menu "Analysis" and "Analyse on the fly, a window with the start button comes up. On the right you have a list of engines installed. The clickbox with the engine(s) used are activated. In your case remove the activation from Stockfish 15 and activate Stockfish 16.1.
royb

Re: How to use newly added engine in Banksia GUI

Post by royb »

fsanders wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:11 pm If you click in the menu "Analysis" and "Analyse on the fly, a window with the start button comes up. On the right you have a list of engines installed. The clickbox with the engine(s) used are activated. In your case remove the activation from Stockfish 15 and activate Stockfish 16.1.
Thank you! I knew it had to be hidden somewhere but could not find it!