Stockfish development in crisis?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

Stockfish development in crisis?

Post by Jouni »

Even with occasional 70 000 cores rating goes steadily down https://github.com/official-stockfish/S ... sion-Tests :( .
Jouni
Ciekce
Full name: Conor Anstey

Re: Stockfish development in crisis?

Post by Ciekce »

lmao
Damir
Full name: Damir Desevac

Post by Damir »

That is what happens when you have 100 bad SF developers who have no clue what they are doing instead of a 1 stable SF developer...

I miss Vas and Rybka days. Only he knew how to increase Rybka elo drastically with each and every release.

Today's SF developers should take notes, and learn what it was he did differently, if they want to continue improving their engine...
Viz
Full name: Michael Chaly

Post by Viz »

Good thing that despite all sf devs incompetence and introduction of exclusively regressions developers of the other engines are equally as incompetent, so SF keeps beating them.
Pali
Full name: Doruk Sekercioglu

Post by Pali »

Damir wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm That is what happens when you have 100 bad SF developers who have no clue what they are doing instead of a 1 stable SF developer...

I miss Vas and Rybka days. Only he knew how to increase Rybka elo drastically with each and every release.

Today's SF developers should take notes, and learn what it was he did differently, if they want to continue improving their engine...
This is what happens when people can't read error bars*
jorose
Full name: Jonathan Rosenthal

Post by jorose »

People have been explaining to me that SF development has hit a wall for years now.
-Jonathan
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

jorose wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 pm People have been explaining to me that SF development has hit a wall for years now.
:lol:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Luigi335
Full name: Luigi Del Giudice

Post by Luigi335 »

1 + 2 + 3 + 4 + ... = - 1/12 (Srinivasa Ramanujan & Stockfish development Team) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

Damir wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:05 pm That is what happens when you have 100 bad SF developers who have no clue what they are doing instead of a 1 stable SF developer...

It is harder to make improvemnet when you are very strong so comparing stockfish's improvement with rybka's improvement is unfair.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Post by Sylwy »

jorose wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:35 pm People have been explaining to me that SF development has hit a wall for years now.
The Planck wall of human knowledge......the human mind has a (biological) limit beyond which it cannot pass....In the field of chess engine architecture/programming, the limit seems to have been quickly reached.... :roll: