Is Stockfish only TOP10 engine showing current move in analysis?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderator: Ras

Jouni
Posts: 3935
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:15 pm
Full name: Jouni Uski

Is Stockfish only TOP10 engine showing current move in analysis?

Post by Jouni »

Showing current move in analysis:

Stockfish YES after short wait
Reckless NO
PlentyChess NO
pawnocchio NO
Lc0 NO

Why? Is it difficult to implement or slowing engine?
Jouni
kasinp
Posts: 268
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:47 pm
Location: Toronto
Full name: Peter Kasinski

Re: Is Stockfish only TOP10 engine showing current move in analysis?

Post by kasinp »

I wonder if this reflects the way most people use engines these days - playing automated matches, when this feature is likely (much) less important. I too have noticed this "trend". I guess this is another reason to use Stockfish.

Peter