LICHESS.ORG ONLINE BOTS GAMES

Discussion of computer chess matches and engine tournaments.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: LICHESS.ORG ONLINE BOTS GAMES

Post by Uri Blass »

I played 6 25+0 games on my computer between stockfish16.1 and berserk13(no book) and the result is as I expected 6 draws.
I believe a good book only can increase the draw percentage because the engines have less moves to make a mistake.
AlexChess
Full name: Alex Morales

Post by AlexChess »

Uri Blass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:27 am I played 6 25+0 games on my computer between stockfish16.1 and berserk13(no book) and the result is as I expected 6 draws.
I believe a good book only can increase the draw percentage because the engines have less moves to make a mistake.
I agree on that but I have stopped playing with Mr-Chess-Berserk because it isn't the real one. I dont't know why the bot's owner call his bot with the name of a well known engine. Now playing with Expositor
Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
ProteusSF Dev Forum TROLLS KINDERGARTEN
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

ProteusSF-Godot now playing against Rubichess 240112 :)

Classical games 25+0 to avoid no-time blunders

Armaggeddon (Handicap mode) to compensate the different strength

Rubichess 7.5 MN/s
ProteusSF 130 kN/s

WATCH THE LIVE!!

Chess engines and dedicated chess computers fan since 1981 :D Mac mini M1 8GB-256GB, Windows 11 & Ubuntu ARM64.
RubiChess
Full name: Andreas Matthies

Post by RubiChess »

AlexChess wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:49 pm Classical games 25+0 to avoid no-time blunders
Again... wrong! ...+0 NEVER avoids no-time blunders regardless how big the base time is. Most developers just don't care about sudden death without increment and so their engine's are not optimized for that TC and may consume too much time in early moves.

If you believe that you have a patch that improves sudden death time control, you are welcome to present this patch so that it can be tested in common frameworks and may find its way into engines.
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

RubiChess wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:06 pm
AlexChess wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 3:49 pm Classical games 25+0 to avoid no-time blunders
Again... wrong! ...+0 NEVER avoids no-time blunders regardless how big the base time is. Most developers just don't care about sudden death without increment and so their engine's are not optimized for that TC and may consume too much time in early moves.

If you believe that you have a patch that improves sudden death time control, you are welcome to present this patch so that it can be tested in common frameworks and may find its way into engines.
All engines on servers play sudden death 1+0, 3+0 and 5+0 without any problem even with connection lags. Modders do that every day.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AlexChess wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:44 pm
RubiChess wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:06 pm

All engines on servers play sudden death 1+0, 3+0 and 5+0 without any problem even with connection lags. Modders do that every day.
Oh boy... modders the new schnodders...
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

AlexChess wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:01 am
Uri Blass wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:27 am I played 6 25+0 games on my computer between stockfish16.1 and berserk13(no book) and the result is as I expected 6 draws.
I agree on that but I have stopped playing with Mr-Chess-Berserk because it isn't the real one. I dont't know why the bot's owner call his bot with the name of a well known engine. Now playing with Expositor
You even seem not to know the meaning of 'Berserk'? Hint: It has nothing to do with the chess engine Berserk...
In no way the user of that chess bot implies he might be this entity.

Same as you were wrong again with https://lichess.org/@/caissa-x
viewtopic.php?p=962200#p962200
the finger notes clearly say what it is: https://lichess.org/@/caissa-ai

You are just too obsessed to find the truth anymore and you are the master of fake, should I quote again your fake master piece?
https://rwbc-chess.de

trollwatch:
Talkchess nowadays is a joke - it is full of trolls/idiots/people stuck in the pleistocene > 80% of the posts fall into this category...
AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

Lichess.org is unstable since some days :roll:

I have lost most games by time due to my engine crashing. Admins have restarted the server more times. Anyway I have changed the time control to 25+1 and disabled my opening book, since Rubichess-240112 doesn't have it.

AlexChess

Post by AlexChess »

I like Rubichess (very fast) and despite author's opinion about me, I'm hearing what he is suggesting. After having changed the time control to 25+1 , since with no book the engines were playing too often C67 Spanish Berliner, now I'm using Stockfish official book 8moves_V3.pgn to randomize a little the openings. Despite of using only 1/75 of the computing power of my opponent (91 kN/s vs 7.3 MN/s on average) I can easily draw and even win games, thanks to the +180 ELO delta between the two engines. I'm running ProteusSF-Godot on a 2008 Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz :mrgreen:

I really don't understand why developers discriminate modders. We could be useful instead to fine tuning their work. I remember Nandro Necchi In 90's , without programming knowledges boosting Mchess Pro performance thanks to his hand made opening books, or Jeroen Noomen skills on creating the opening book for Rebel and choosing the 50 test positions for TCEC Super Finals. We are like Abarth engineers modding Fiat 500 for extreme competitions, pushing the engine to his best.
supernova
Full name: Arthur Matheus

Post by supernova »

Alex, why instead of using a high rated engine, you started your own engine from scratch or even taking one low rated engine and improve it??

You have declared that you are a skilled, certified and experienced C Developer, why not using it in a challenging project and show people you are a competent Chess Developer??

There are so many rating lists here that I do not think that adding a server list from an intense and cloned engine is interesting for people. Even because there is no traceability of the modifications you might have performed on the cloned engine.

What is the point of the bloodiness? I am not disrupting whatsoever you do but I try to understand the added value.

Regards.