Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.
Moderator: Ras
Jim Ablett
Posts: 2630 Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett
Post
by Jim Ablett » Mon Oct 05, 2026 5:41 pm
Chacal X
Posts: 139 Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2025 9:06 pm
Full name: flavio thomazini
Post
by Chacal X » Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:59 pm
Good morning Jim,
If possible, I would like you to compile PlentyChess 8.0.5 SE in AVX (not AVX2), or Universal, because my PC accepts these versions very well; it doesn't work in the others.
https://github.com/Yoshie2000/PlentyChess
Thank you in advance,
Flavio/
Jim Ablett
Posts: 2630 Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett
Post
by Jim Ablett » Tue Oct 06, 2026 3:47 pm
Chacal X wrote: ↑ Tue Oct 06, 2026 1:59 pm
Good morning Jim,
If possible, I would like you to compile PlentyChess 8.0.5 SE in AVX (not AVX2), or Universal, because my PC accepts these versions very well; it doesn't work in the others.
https://github.com/Yoshie2000/PlentyChess
Thank you in advance,
Flavio/
Hi Flavio,
I only compile official releases, not commits.
Jim.
Jim Ablett
Posts: 2630 Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett
Post
by Jim Ablett » Wed Oct 07, 2026 11:58 am
Jim Ablett
Posts: 2630 Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett
Post
by Jim Ablett » Wed Oct 07, 2026 7:06 pm
Kirk
Posts: 5709 Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 3:44 am
Post
by Kirk » Thu Oct 08, 2026 1:16 am
Thanks Jim. Any idea why Alexandria comes up only as "New Engine" in the Lets Check function in Fritz?
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
cc2150dx
Posts: 474 Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:51 am
Full name: Jason Coombs
Post
by cc2150dx » Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:03 pm
Hey Jim. How long do your links last for? because those two have expired. I guess I missed out
Jim Ablett
Posts: 2630 Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:56 am
Location: London, England
Full name: Jim Ablett
Post
by Jim Ablett » Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:28 pm
cc2150dx wrote: ↑ Sat Oct 10, 2026 7:03 pm
Hey Jim. How long do your links last for? because those two have expired. I guess I missed out
All stored on my repo (bookmark it) >
https://drive.proton.me/urls/9TRAQG8SXC#3J2pemAZ0DpV
Jim.